Best Auto Glass Cleaner Reviews
Our first product is Meguair’s Perfect Clarity product. To promote the “perfect clarity” ideal, this product actually comes in a clear plastic bottle that displays the liquid inside.
As a glass cleaner, this is a great solution for individuals who park their cars in climates that have a lot of dust or pollen.
This is because the manufacturer included “dust repellent technology” that effectively provides a barrier of protection for your auto glass.
There is a great demonstration of this product:
• You’ll have a streak-free shine on your glass.
• This product actually protects your glass from detritus.
• This product can dry with spots.
Sprayway has been on the market for several years and many consumers stand by its ability to clean and restore glass surfaces.
This product’s claim to fame is its no-drip formulation. Once you spray it on, it simply will not roll down the glass surface, which is perfect for slanted auto glass.
It comes in an aerosol can, so it looks a little different than standard glass cleaners, but its aerosol delivery method is what makes it so easy to use.
In addition to its excellent delivery method, this cleaner has a great scent that will make your auto glass smell wonderful.
The foam that it leaves on your glass clings strongly and is formulated to actually break up any leftover grime that has accumulated on your auto glass.
• This product’s foaming formulation is a great way to visually know where you have sprayed, so that you don’t miss spots.
• You won’t have to scrub due to this product’s ability to break down grime.
• The scent can be a bit strong for indoor surfaces.
• The nozzle is far from sturdy. It can crack or simply fall off after a few uses.
Invisible Glass’s motto is, “makes glass invisible.” This dedication to a streak-free glass surface is why their premium glass cleaner is being featured in this review.
The Invisible Glass comes in a Windex-like spray bottle, but packs in more auto-glass friendly features than that product like a no residue formulation.
In addition to this lack of residue, which can cause streakage, it doesn’t use soaps to clean your windows.
The fact that this product is more chemical-based and actually lifts grime from your glass makes this the perfect auto glass cleaner.
The composition makes it a great tool to rid your windows of the oils and greases that can be the result of fingerprints and that most disgusting of auto glass wreckers: bird poop.
• You simply will have no streaks with this product.
• Since it’s designed to cut dirt, oil, and accumulated film, this product is the perfect option for those looking to quickly clean their auto glass.
• This product can leave behind a haze on your auto glass.
• Doesn’t clean ocean air film that well. This type of air is packed with particles and is somewhat harder to remove than pollen or dust.
It’s hard to argue with a product that is titled, “perfect.” This glass cleaner is designed to provide a good amount of dirt and grime cutting for your auto glass.
It was featured on Good Morning America.
Hope’s is designed for those who really can’t stand the prevalence of streakiness that happens in most standard glass cleaners.
It has some premium ingredients that set it in a different category than some of the other glass cleaners on the market.
The most interesting of these is glycol ether which is a great chemical that breaks down water-based soil.
• This product has almost no scent, which can be perfect for individuals who just want clean glass.
• This product is the best in this guide at removing the haze from the inside of a windshield.
• The spray nozzle is a little too energetic; you won’t have a lot of room for nuance.
This product is another foaming cleaner that won’t drip down your auto glass. 3M is a brand that is known as heavy duty, so you can expect a pretty professional clean with this glass cleaner.
Whereas many of the products in this guide are rated for both home and automotive, this cleaner is designed primarily with cars in mind.
As an aerosol-based product, you’ll also find that you can use this cleaner for many cleaning.
Performance-wise, this 3M glass cleaner has an excellent formulation that helps release stuck on grit and grime without damaging the surface of your glass or causing streaks. Since it sprays foam, the substance also does a great job at sticking to vertical surfaces.
In addition to its auto glass applications, this product is rated to clean the interior of cars as well. It’s safe to use on vinyl, plastic, metal, and chrome.
•It is very strong on glass, yet it won’t cause damage to the surface and it won’t bother your tint.
• The fact that this auto glass cleaner can clean different surfaces makes it something of an all-in-one tool.
• Can leave a fog on your glass that you’ll have to scrub to remove.
Sometimes, cleaning auto glass takes a stronger concentration product. Fortunately, these types of cleanup jobs are exactly what this product was designed for.
DRIVEN auto glass cleaner is formulated to clean harder glass deposits like calcium and mineral buildup. This is also one of the few products in this guide that can handle salt spray deposits, which makes this the perfect window cleaner for those who keep their cars near the ocean.
In addition to the removal of mineral deposits, this is the perfect solution to hard water spots as well.
• This is the toughest product of its type that you’ll find.
• This product will even cleanse rust deposits.
• This can be a bit of an extreme solution for mildly dirty or encrusted windshields/windows.
• If you apply too much pressure you can scratch your glass.
Another variation of the “makes glass invisible” product, the invisible trio gives you three unique solutions for keeping your auto glass clean and clear.
The first product is in an aerosol can and provides the typical Invisible Glass treatment.
The second product in the trio is a rain repellent pump spray that seals away your auto glass, so that rain won’t cause water spots.
The final product is a cylinder of glass wipes that will help you spot clean any glass areas that need it.
• This trio also comes with a microfiber cloth.
• You get a great range of performance with this set.
• The wipes are somewhat redundant, unless you want to clean small areas from time to time.
This is another auto glass cleaning kit that provides an all-in-one experience.
Firstly, you’ll get Adam’s glass cleaner, which uses a clear formulation that will actually reduce surface tension in the glass so that it keeps its shine for a longer period.
Secondly, you’ll also get a sealer that will actually repel any water that hits your glass. This will help prevent water spots from forming on your vehicle’s glass.
In addition to these cleaners and sealers, you’ll also get three microfiber cleaners; one that’s a cloth and two thick applicators, so that you’ll have a way to apply each of the products evenly.
• This is a great combo to both clean and protect your auto glass.
• Won’t streak.
• The top of the spray bottle is made of a particularly brittle plastic. This is unfortunate because you’ll be using this outside, where it can easily be knocked over.
Safelite is one of the leaders in auto glass products. Their glass cleaner is actually ammonia free, so you won’t have to worry about heavy fumes when you clean your auto glass.
A professional grade product, you can definitely expect a good cleaning experience with this product; it effectively dissolves grime.
• This product has a great smelling scent.
• It’s easy to apply to your surfaces with its aerosol can.
• This is a powerful formulation, so be careful when applying it to your glass.
This alcohol and ammonia-free, eco-friendly glass cleaner is a great product to use if you want to reduce your carbon footprint.
Its designed to be completely non-toxic, so you won’t have to worry about any drops getting on your clothes or your skin.
Chemical Guys are a well known and respected brand in the auto detailing community, so you may pay a pretty penny. But, for a few dollars extra you can know that this product won’t streak, smells nice, and is 100% safe to use.
• It cleans completely streak-free.
• It’s eco-friendly.
• You have to use a microfiber cloth for the best results.
Our final product has a great citrus scent that smells great on most cars. Also, like our previous product, it is completely ammonia-free.
As an aerosol based product, this auto glass cleaner applies evenly onto your glass and doesn’t drip very easily down the vertical and slanted surfaces.
This is another earth-friendly product; despite its aerosol can, it produces no CFCs.
• This product applies easily and cleanly, and once washed off, leaves your glass looking like new.
• This product cuts oils and grease easily, and it leaves no streaks behind.
• Despite the lack of ammonia, there are some fumes generated by this product, so use it in a ventilated area.
Related: Best Dashboard Cleaner Reviews
There is our list “Top 11: Best auto glass cleaners”. Did you enjoy our guide? Picking the best of these types of products is important
. Would you rather an eco-friendly solution? There’s products on this list for that. Looking to clear harder deposits from your auto glass? Try this product, which is also on our list.
If you found this helpful, please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page. And, if you liked it, please feel free to share it with your friends.